Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

BLOOD

Welcome back to my amatuer music reviews. Today, I present Lianne La Havas's "Blood."  One of my favorite podcasts (Another Round) interviewed Lianne La Havas last week and us listeners got a little background info as well as a heads up on her upcoming album.

So I'll be honest, I've seen a ton of pictures of her.  I love her hair and style and figured she was a singer but never did any research.  After the interview, I listened to some of her music and was fairly confident I would be purchasing her album. 

*waits two days* Bright and early on Friday morning, I downloaded it. During her interview she stated that she didn't want her music to be classified; however, she is classified as a soul and folk singer... ...  ...  shhhh...  I would also add that her album contains a dash of rock.  Just one pinch.

I'm adding this to the list of albums I can listen to from beginning to end.  This album makes me want to kind of drift off.  Just lay in the grass and gaze into the sky.  But, I won't.  I have stuff to do, am allergic to grass and it's hot outside.  So far, my favorite songs are Unstoppable (because it's the song I'm most familiar with) and Ghost.  At one point today, I listened to Ghost back to back for like an hour.  Take a listen, you won't regret it.

Pink Gumbeaux is undergoing construction, watch your step!  We're creating a brand new website that will launch soon! Till then, you know I need friends so like Pink Gumbeaux on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and Instagram.  And, check out my last post: Allow Me to Reintroduce You to They're Real! Lengthening Mascara
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...