Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE NETFLIX?

Source: Tumblr
Who misses me?  I would love to inundate you with excuses about being so busy but, you don’t care.  Now for the matter at hand: Netflix.  In the event you live under a rock, Netflix is a subscription-based, on-demand internet streaming service.  Netflix includes movies, TV shows and originals for as little as $7.99 a month.  Once you start selecting movies and TV shows, they make recommendations that are pretty much on point.  Netflix is largely responsible for a new addiction: “binge watching.”  For example, when the husband and I find a show we really like, we attempt to watch the whole season in a day.  I usually fall off after 5 hours but my zombie husband keeps going…

Most recently, I’ve watched a few good documentaries:  Anita: Speaking Truth to Power, What Happened, Miss Simone? And, Little White Lie.  After watching Anita, I was pissed.  On one hand, I appreciate her sacrificing herself and giving workplace sexual harassment and gender equality a platform.  On the other hand, there has been little progress.  I’ll reserve my rant for another day...  Nina Simone’s documentary was sad.  Although she was a musical genius she was physically abused and suffered with mental illness most of her life.  Last but not least is Little White Lie.  Errrr, let me first say that sometimes…I can’t locate my empathy switch and can be... ... ...MEAN.  This particular documentary was peculiar and sometimes humorous because I knew she was a black as soon as I saw her but her and her family took a while before they came to terms…  My uber brief summaries of not only Little White Lie but all of these documentaries are mild so I encourage you to watch for yourself. 

Overall, the real meaning of this post is to judge those of you who have not hopped on the Netflix bandwagon.  Netflix will make you addicted to shows you didn’t know you would like( House of Cards, Orange Is the New Black and most recently, The 100).  Suck it cable TV! 

You know I need friends so like Pink Gumbeaux on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and Instagram.  And, check out my last post: Picky Eaters Unite.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...