Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

"HEALTHISH" SPINACH FETTUCCINE WITH ALFREDO + SHRIMP

I’ve wanted to cook with spinach fettuccine for a while and finally got the chance to.  The results was a “healthish” meal with prep and cook time under 30 minutes.  What you’ll need:

  • Half onion
  •   4 garlic cloves
  •  ¼ of a green bell pepper
  • ¼ of a red bell pepper
  • Jar of Alfredo sauce (I used Newman's Own Alfredo 15 OZ)
  • 1 cup of Parmesan
  • 1 stick of butter (don’t judge me) 
  • Shrimp (or chicken) 
  • Bag of spinach fettuccine
First, boil water in preparation of fettuccine.  Mince vegetables and throw in hot skillet with a stick of butter. YES A WHOLE STICK!  I wanted a buttery undertone :) After cooking veggies for a few minutes, add shrimp.  I don’t have an exact amount of shrimp to suggest, we had a half bag of shrimp in the freezer and I added it (like the badass I am). 

Have you added the fettuccine to the boiling water yet?  Why not?!  Cook veggies and shrimp for five more minutes then add Alfredo and Parmesan. Mix, mix and mix!  At this point, your fettuccine should be done.  Drain, then add to skillet.  Stir and allow to simmer for a few minutes...you’re done! 

I did not realize this would be soooooo good.  We had most of the contents at home so it was super cheap to make.  It also provided about 7 servings. Shout up to my little bro who is an almost always good sous chef.  Key word: “almost.”  

You know I need friends so like Pink Gumbeaux on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and Instagram.  And, check out my last post: Why Don't You Have Netflix?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...