Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF!!!

It took years of soul searching for me to get here.  Like others who pride themselves on "keeping it real," I would volunteer information nobody asked me for.  Now that I'm mostly reformed, I figured it was my duty to inform the people who are still in the struggle.  

Subject Matter 1: Weight gain or loss.  Chances are, the person who has gained or lost weight is the first person to know they've gained or lost weight; therefore, they don't need your comments regarding them "getting too fat or too skinny."  Chances are, you're also too fat or too skinny so..."worry about yourself." 

Subject Matter 2: Hair cuts, growth or loss.  Now I know this one can be tough.  You see someone with the cul-de-sac hairline and you want to yell, "just get rid of it!"  There is no amount of gel or Bigen hair dye that is going to convince us you still have hair but, guess what?  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  How are you going to talk about someone's hair when your hairline is also receding, sir?

Subject Matter 3: Makeup and apparel selections.  I still struggle with this internally because some of you continue to defy me and draw eyebrows or line your lips using the color jet black.  It may not make sense, it may not be aesthetically pleasing to your eyes and if that's the case, close them and exit stage left.  

But, then there are those times you need to say something.  For example, when there is a crumb on someone's face, spinach between their teeth or when cheese dip has mysteriously dropped on my leg. I thought this lady was looking at my new shoes that I bought from Dillard's on sale but nope, there was cheese dip on my leg. Not cool sister, not cool!  Any who, the overarching point of this post is to help you guys learn how to...mind your business.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...