Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

COMPLETE YOUR MAKEUP COLLECTION WITH LIP LINERS

Slim Lip Pencils by NYX
I have built quite the makeup collection over the years.  Let's see, I have primers, mattifiers, brow kits, eye shadows, blushes, liquid and powder foundations, lipsticks, eyeliners, blot powders, brushes, etc.  Whew!  But, it turns out that lip liners also serve a very important function; especially, if your lipstick tends to bleed like a lot of mine do -_-

Benefits of using lip liners: 
  • As stated previously, it prevents your lipstick from bleeding and smudging.
  • It defines lips and gives the appearance of plumper lips but don't get all Kylie Jenner on me
  • Lip liners can serve as a primer and help lipstick last all day.  Before applying lipstick, color/fill-in your lips then, apply lipstick. 
  • Lip liners can help you create an ombre look; although, I think this trend may be a little dated...
PSA: Please stop wearing black liners guys.  I'm not sure how or why that trend has lasted so long.  It looked crazy back then and definitely is unacceptable now.  But hey, I am not without fault.  I used to line my lips with a dark brown pencil. Shhh, don't tell anyone. 

If you're just starting out like me and don't want to spend a grip on liners, checkout NYX's lip liners. Their pencils are really good, cheap and available pretty much everywhere.  For more, visit Ulta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...