Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

THE MISADVENTURES OF AWKWARD BLACK GIRL

Admittedly, I'm late to the awkward black girl movement even though I hear we have a lot in common.  I mean, I'm awkward and an introvert.  I also loathe the human race. I don't know if we have that in common, lol.  

The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl features "a collection of humorous essays on what it’s like to be unabashedly awkward in a world that regards introverts as hapless misfits, and black as cool.  Rae covers everything from cybersexing in the early days of the Internet to deflecting unsolicited comments on weight gain, from navigating the perils of eating out alone and public displays of affection to learning to accept yourself—natural hair and all." 


I've added this to my Amazon wishlist because I have entirely too many books that I have not read.  I also need to check out her series.  And, I hear she's developing a pilot for HBO which makes me uber excited.  I love HBO shows such as Girls.  All my favorite series have been axed but that's neither here nor there.  Any who, you can purchase and check out reviews on Amazon.

I need friends, like Pink Gumbeaux on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and Instagram.  Do it now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...