Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

WEEK 1 WITH FITBIT FLEX

I've been tracking my steps for a while now.  I've been doing it since smart phones had the capability to do so. Most recently, maybe over the last few months, I've been tracking steps on my iPhone.  However, your phone would need to be on you at all times for an accurate count.  For most of us, that's not realistic which is where Fitbit Flex comes in.

Description: 

"This slim, stylish device is with you all the time.  During the day, it tracks steps, distance, and calories burned.  at night, it tracks your sleep quality and wakes you silently in the morning.  Just check out the lights to see how you stack up against your personal goal.  It's the motivation you need to get out and be more active." 


After a week, what do I think?  First, I would've liked if it was a tad bit slimmer.  Secondly, it's not stylish.  I don't care what color you get it in, it will never be stylish for a woman, lol.  However, it's winter so no one even knows I'm wearing it. In an effort to make it more stylish, you can purchase a expensive ass cover from Tory Burch for Fitbit. That's not an option for me.  Thirdly, Fitbit has proven that I walk approximately 1500 more steps than my phone would've tracked.

I appreciate Fitbit tracking my sleep, however, I already knew that was an issue, lol  One of the best features is the silent alarm. I now prefer Fitbit's gentle vibration over my phone's blasting.  Fitbit is waterproof which means you can shower with it but I use that time for a Fitbit break and charging; although, you can go approximately 4 to 5 days without charging.

Does it push you to be more fit?  Is it really worth it?  Yes, I am more conscious.  I want to walk more and opt for steps instead of elevators.  If you're able to afford it, go for it.  It'll make a cool gift for anyone starting their health journey (which is most of us in January).  Let's hope it's not a fun new trinket for and won't be thrown at the bottom of my junk draw in a month or so... For more info on the Fitbit Flex and other products, visit Fitbit
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...