Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

THE CONSEQUENCES OF BEING A PRODUCT WHORE

I've often reflected on the roller coaster my hair has been on.  Poor thing...  So, instead of a long story,
I'll start with my journey back to natural hair in 2007.  At that time, there weren't many products available to me. At least, not where I am located.
I would use all kind of crap but ordered the more popular products from Atlanta.  I started to see some growth but then I became a hair blogger.  

I know, I know.  It's all your fault! OK, not really.
I liked trying all the new products. All of the lies and promises those products advertised dried and damaged my hair. Stretched out, my hair was bra strap length but started breaking.  What was I to do?  Shave it or lock it?  So...Sisterlocks it is.  

One of the key rules of Sisterlocks is to allow your hair to utilize the oil it naturally produces.  Leaving my hair alone and not using products has allowed my hair to grow and become quite strong.  I used to think people were being shady when they kept saying my hair has grown and I was like....errrr, wasn't my hair this length last year?  But, after evaluating the length of my loc, I can confirm, it's twice the length it was this time, last year. 

In sum, stop putting all that crap in your hair.  Stop watching all those YouTube videos.  Stop with those concoctions that include jello + toothpaste + tequila = hair growth.  Learn your hair and leave it alone.  Seek professional opinion.  You know, the people who are actually trained on hair...  I know some of our pockets are tight but you don't have to go every week.  Drop in every now and then for a consultation.  

This post was inspired by Damian Walter who reads every single one of his clients for going along with hair fads and screwing up their locs.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...