Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

SORT OF KIND OF REVIEW | ESTEE LAUDER'S DOUBLE WEAR

Double Wear in Sandalwood
So...my coworker who also happens to be a makeup artist thought my current foundation (Dermablend) was too dark for me.  I've been wanting to branch out and try other foundations but it's a very traumatic experience for me...lol.  Any who, we made our way to the Estee Lauder counter during our lunch break where she gave me a sample of the color Sandalwood.  I thought Sandalwood was too light but she stated that my oily skin would darken it after application.  Any who, here are the product details:

15-hour staying power. Flawless all day. This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity.  Won't change color, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable.  Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.

 Source

So...I like the feel of the foundation, it does produce a flawless look and it's a bit matte.  In contrast, it's so thin that my oily skin breaks through it after a few hours. Grrrrr.  Please keepp in mind that I use three mattifying products before I apply foundation.  Verdict: I'm going to pass on this one but I would definitely recommend it for people who aren't as oily.  Double Wear retails for 37 bucks and is available at Estee Lauder, duh.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...