Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

THE ALCHEMIST

I'm so happy that Oprah's Super Soul Sundays have returned.  It's like my version of church.  Any who, this episode featured Paulo Coelho and his novel, The Alchemist.

The Alchemist is the magical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure as extravagant as any ever found. From his home in Spain he journeys to the markets of Tangiers and across the Egyptian desert to a fateful encounter with the alchemist.
 
The story of the treasures Santiago finds along the way teaches us, as only a few stories have done, about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, learning to read the omens strewn along life's path, and, above all, following our dreams.
As of now, this book has sold 65 million copies, as of May 2014 has reached its 303rd consecutive week on The New York Times' bestseller list, and is the book a lot of celebrities swear by.  Apparently, it’s regarded as a life-changing book…
I downloaded my copy via Amazon Kindle and it only cost me $2.94!!!  I repeat, $2.94.  Currently, I’m reading the Art of War.  Hopefully, I’ll wrap it up in a week and move on to Alchemist.  Of course, I’m in school so it’s takes me more time to get through books.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to get you a review but don’t hold your breath…you guys who I’m a flake. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...