Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

THE TEA ON TEA

Source: Kid Fury
I am a certified coffee girl.  I've been drinking coffee since I was 4 or 5 (per my grandparents) but I've been wanting to try tea for a while, especially, with its health benefits which include but are not limited to the following:
  • Tea can help you in maintaining a healthy weight.
  • Green tea may help you see better.
  • White tea can help you look younger!
  • Black tea can help to reduce stress levels.
  • It may help you fight diabetes.
  • Tea can make your ticker stronger!
Source

Any who, what better time than the present to check it out but there is one problem, I don't like tea.  I mean I've had ice tea...  People in the south really enjoy it except...ME!  It tastes like dirt with a dash of lemon but I digress. 

To prepare myself, I read The Coffee Lover's Guide to Tea and chose to start my journey with English Breakfast Tea. 

So...on Monday, I marched to my office's microwave and heated up a mug of water.  4 minutes later, I pulled out the mug too quickly splashing HOT water on my hand and foot.  After I shook off my 3rd degree burns, I dropped my tea bag into my mug and swirled it around for a few minutes (like tea drinkers do), took a deep breath and then sipped...YUCK!  I added a few packs of sugar and...YUCK!

One of my coworkers who really wants me to like tea gave me a pack of Tazo's Organic Chai which includes "a blend of black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and spices."  What are these mystery "spices?"  Details please!!!  Any who, that tasted much better and it smelled wonderful!

Overall, I give tea a grade of D+ but intend on trying more flavors.

Side note:  Shout out to all my friends and coworkers who are helping me through this struggle, lol.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...