Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

WEEKEND REVIEW: MY TRIP TO THE NAIL BAR

*cue Pharrell's "Happy"*  After 11 years of being in Jackson and countless posts of me bitching about my terrible salon experiences, I've finally found a place I can call home: The Nail Bar!

I happen to be driving by when I saw a sign that read "The Nail Bar"  and after checking out both their Facebook and Instagram pages, I thought I'd give them a try.  Luckily, someone canceled their appointment and I was able to slide right in. 

As soon as I walked in, they were waiting for me.  The salon had a simplistic theme (which I liked) and a wall of retail (polishes and jewelry).  Also, clients were able to chose colors from the latest OPI and Essie collections. 

My manicurist was Yolanda and as soon as she got me safely situated at the pedi station, I was offered something to drink.  Overall we had a great conversation and she did an awesome job on my nails.  Most importantly, she did not ruin my cuticles like most manicurist do.  The total cost for the mani/pedi was 60 bucks which is pretty standard and affordable to me.

So...no more shopping mall nail salons, I've finally made it home!

Side note: You can check out a photo of my mani on my Instagram page and there's a photo of my mani and pedi on their Facebook and Instagram pages but don't look at it...my toes look chubby, lol.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...