Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

SCRUB A DUB BODY SCRUB

Source: Tumblr
That picture has almost nothing to do with this post but I thought it was super cute...

Any who, I just gave myself a body scrub about 30 minutes ago (TMI) and realized that while I did tell you guys about the scrub I use, I didn't tell you why you should do body scrubs.

The health and beauty benefits of a body scrub:

A scrub works in a few ways: As you massage it over your body, the exfoliating granules help to slough off dead skin, and the rubbing action itself boosts circulation and helps drain your lymph nodes, by increasing blood flow to the skin’s surface.

Common ingredients in store-bought scrubs are salt, sugar and crushed nut shells, and some include chemical exfoliants, like alpha hydroxy and glycolic acids, which can help smooth and firm skin, and salicylic acid, which can help improve the appearance of blemishes or redness. You can make your own buffing scrub with ingredients like olive oil, honey, raw sugar, ground cloves, oatmeal and even ground coffee. Adding your favorite essential oils to the mixture transforms your shower into an aromatherapy session.

Source

While it's probably easier to go to a spa, I would rather pay 8 bucks for my favorite scrub and do it myself.  I usually give myself a scrub every Sunday and place the scrub in all reachable areas. 

And, if you don't know by now...you should probably do this while you're in the shower :)

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...