Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

THE WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHY & WHEN OF SISTERLOCKS

SIDE ANGLE OF MY BUN
Who? Me Silly!!!

What? Sisterlocks are a natural hair management system that allows women with tightly textured hair to take advantage of a wide range of today's hairstyles without having to alter the natural texture of their hair.

Where?  According to Sisterlocks, there are consultants and trainees in over 35 states, AND several overseas countries: Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Jamaica, Japan, The Netherlands, Norway, St. Lucia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and the Virgin Islands; however, I traveled to New Orleans (less than 3 hours from Jackson) because it's where my salon (Afro Swank) and stylist is located.  She also travels (but we'll chat about that at a later date).

Why?  Finally, to the most important question!!!  I was super board with my look.  Plus, my hair was acting a little crazy.  I called my mom (HEY JILL) and told her I wanted to cut my hair and she told me to call our stylist.  I thought this would be a good alternative because their different and small enough for me to have styling options.
 
When?  February 23rd!

Other important things you should know:  The first locking process is super expensive, however, the prices vary (based on your consultant and location).  Secondly, this took approximately 19 hours split between two days.  Yes, I sat in one spot for 19 hours (which is not unusual for those of you who wear braids).  Thirdly, you'll have to give up all your cool hair products for Sisterlock's products which helps hair through the locking process, promotes growth, provides you with essential oils, yada, yada, yada.  Also, you have to band your hair in sections when washing (to prevent unlocking).  Lastly, the locking process removed a few inches from the length of my hair but so what...

On a bright note, I can style my hair however I want and even add heat (although I'm waiting so I don't hinder the locking process).  For more info, visit Sisterlocks

Any questions???


 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...