Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

CONTRARY TO BEYONCE, I DID NOT WAKE UP LIKE THIS



ME!
I have hormonal acne, dark spots and oily skin, yet, I've finally found an expensive a daily beauty routine that gives me nearly perfect skin or the illusion of it, lol.
 
Cleansing and Oil Control
 
While I have several Murad products, at a minimum I would recommend Murad's Clarifying Cleanser (I buy the $9 travel size from Ulta), Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum $60, and Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 l PA++ $39.50.  Also, I don't use a big fancy face brush, Sephora's Ultimate Dual Exfoliating Face Brush $18 has been perfect!
 
Murad is pricey but the concentration of its ingredients have resulted in an acne free face.  Also, a lot of my dark spots have disappeared *drops to knees to thank God*  Most times, I wash my face twice a day.  There are those few times I'm so exhausted I go straight to bed and wake up with a mountain on my face :(
 
Makeup
 
I start with MAC's Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone $21, MAC's Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage $30 then Dermablend's Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 20 $32 (although I use it like a concealer).  I then add MAC's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation $27, MAC's Blot Powder/Pressed $25 and NYX's Matte Finish $8.
 
MAC is the childhood best friend I can always depend on but Dermablend has the best coverage. 
 
So, the basics total to...$269.50 (excluding taxes).  Gosh, that sounds bad when I type it out loud but it's not like you have to buy this stuff every week...
 
Murad products are available online, at Sephora, Ulta and Dillards.  NYX is available at Target and Ulta.  MAC is only available at MAC.  Of course, you can find some of these products other places with a simple Google search, lol.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...