Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION

The end of the year is usually when people reflect on the year they’ve had and outline goals for the next.  I actually do this during my birthday so I guess I’ve skipped ahead but I’m going to take a stab at it anyway.
Had I wrote this post when I intended to or even a day early, it would’ve been riddled with bitterness.  I guess you can say that this has not been the best year for me.  Part of the problem is my expectations regarding a new year; a new year does not equal a perfect year.  Another problem, allowing my happiness to align with my achievements (which is all wrong).  What’s worse is that I’ve spent all year being upset about the things I was upset about the year before, what a waste of time….
I’ve always  walked a fine line between being angry and appreciative.  I’m angry that I gave away my ideal life, worked hard and haven’t received the results I associated with the sacrifices I’ve made but then when I look at this year… I’ve started a business, got 3 awards at school, and on yesterday, I was informed that I received a fellowship *takes a bow*  Oh yea, and there’s the whole being alive, well and not being homeless J
So, my goals for 2014 are as follows:
1.    Stop aiming for perfection, it’s impossible.
2.    Realize that I haven’t made any mistakes.  Every decision I’ve made was meant and will shape the person I’m supposed to be.
3.    Stop being so hard on myself…  How many times have I posted this?  Well I intend on reminding myself until I get it right.
4.    Live a little.  School, work, work and school (no wonder I’m so upset).
5.    TRAVEL! I don’t know how I’m going to do it and where I’m going but I need to do this.
6.    And, let’s not forget a healthy lifestyle… Why is this so hard for me?!
7.    FORGIVE.
8.    Find a new job (that I’ll love) in a new city (that I’ll love) #shade
9.    Pick up photography as a new hobby.
10.  Be appreciative. Be appreciative. Be appreciative.
11.  GIVE.
12.  Make room for new friends!
What’s your resolution?  If you say to “lose weight,” we are no longer friends…
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...