The end of the year is usually when people reflect on the year they’ve had and outline goals for the next. I actually do this during my birthday so I guess I’ve skipped ahead but I’m going to take a stab at it anyway.
Had I wrote this post when I intended to or even a day early, it would’ve been riddled with bitterness. I guess you can say that this has not been the best year for me. Part of the problem is my expectations regarding a new year; a new year does not equal a perfect year. Another problem, allowing my happiness to align with my achievements (which is all wrong). What’s worse is that I’ve spent all year being upset about the things I was upset about the year before, what a waste of time….
I’ve always walked a fine line between being angry and appreciative. I’m angry that I gave away my ideal life, worked hard and haven’t received the results I associated with the sacrifices I’ve made but then when I look at this year… I’ve started a business, got 3 awards at school, and on yesterday, I was informed that I received a fellowship *takes a bow* Oh yea, and there’s the whole being alive, well and not being homeless J
So, my goals for 2014 are as follows:
1. Stop aiming for perfection, it’s impossible.
2. Realize that I haven’t made any mistakes. Every decision I’ve made was meant and will shape the person I’m supposed to be.
3. Stop being so hard on myself… How many times have I posted this? Well I intend on reminding myself until I get it right.
4. Live a little. School, work, work and school (no wonder I’m so upset).
5. TRAVEL! I don’t know how I’m going to do it and where I’m going but I need to do this.
6. And, let’s not forget a healthy lifestyle… Why is this so hard for me?!
8. Find a new job (that I’ll love) in a new city (that I’ll love) #shade
9. Pick up photography as a new hobby.
10. Be appreciative. Be appreciative. Be appreciative.
12. Make room for new friends!
What’s your resolution? If you say to “lose weight,” we are no longer friends…